When you’ve hired residential movers, it’s pretty easy to feel like you have a team of people who just know what to do. Unfortunately, you may not always get the best results if you don’t communicate about your moving needs in advance of your moving day. Here are six things you should always tell your residential movers to make your moving day more successful:
1. Your Moving Date – This may seem obvious, but communicating the actual date and time that you need to move will ensure that everyone shows up on schedule.
2. Your Destination – Your residential movers also need to know where you are going so they can plan how much time it will take to pack and haul your items to your new home.
3. Whether You Have Fragile Items – Marking boxes clearly as fragile and leaving them in a designated area during moving day will help your movers take greater care of the things that are important to you.
4. Ideal Parking – It’s also important for your movers to be able to park the moving truck in a location that is safe, secure, and stable. Make sure to communicate about the best place for them to park.
5. Items They Shouldn’t Touch – Do you have a few valuables or personal items that aren’t intended for the big moving truck? Make sure to label them and set them aside, pointing out that they should remain with you during the move.
6. The Intended Destination of Your Belongings – Mark your boxes with their intended destination at your new home. For example, they will know to unload kitchen boxes straight to your kitchen, rather than everything ending up in your living room.
At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we do everything we can to make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible. If you have questions about how we can make your move more successful, please let us know, and we’ll work with you to get the best results on moving day. We look forward to working with you!
When you require moving services, you may find yourself wondering whether you will be able to find a moving company that respects you and your belongings on your moving day. While it’s one thing to have some help moving things in and out of your home, it’s another thing entirely to feel that you are being treated as a valued customer. Here are three key elements that will tell you that you’ve hired the right team for the job:
1. Professionalism – Confidence in your moving services begins with professionalism. From your initial phone call to the way your moving team is dressed and the way they speak to you during the moving process will tell you a lot about the moving company you have chosen.
2. Communication – Communication is everything during a move, whether you need to determine your moving date or make sure that your most treasured items are packed securely. Movers who listen to your needs and keep open lines of communication are a great choice.
3. Care – When it comes to hiring a team for moving services, the care they show for your personal belongings can make a big difference in your stress levels during your move. Whether you require packing assistance or you want to make sure your valuables are loaded securely on the moving truck, knowing they care about your items as much as you do can go a long way.
At Glaser & Sons Mooving, it’s very important to us that we provide exemplary moving services with each person or family we help. You will always find our professional team provides open communication, and we take great care of your personal items. Contact us today if you would like more information about why we are your moving company of choice.
When you have a looming moving date, choosing a moving company to assist with your move can be an important step in the process. However, there are a lot of moving companies to choose from, and knowing which one will be the best for your specific moving needs can be a challenge. At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we find that there are a few different things to consider as you choose your moving company, so we’ve provided some quick tips:
1. Get Recommendations – Asking your friends and neighbors who they prefer for their moving needs can go a long way to telling you where you should start. Rather than calling every mover in town, asking the people you trust most will give you a shorter list to begin.
2. Do A Little Research – Once you have an initial list of moving companies, do a little research about the background of the company and look at their reviews. You may be able to narrow down your search further with this step.
3. Ask for an Estimate – You have your top moving company choices – now what? If possible, ask for an in-home estimate. You’ll want to be able to compare quotes and services so you can choose the moving company that will best meet your needs.
4. Check for Licenses & Insurance – Because you are putting your personal belongings in the hands of someone else, checking to make sure your preferred moving company is licensed and insured can go a long way to giving you confidence on your moving day.
5. Choose Your Mover – At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we think you’ll find that we meet all of your criteria when you need a moving company, and we’ll be happy to provide the services and solutions you need to make your upcoming move a success. Contact us today to get started!
While moving companies certainly provide an important service, they also need to track moving trends so they can provide competitive rates, offer more substantial services, and ensure that they keep happy customers year after year. Here are four moving trends that moving companies keep up with each year to ensure they are prepared for whatever the moving season brings:
1. Local or Long Distance – No two moving companies are the same, and knowing whether to prepare for more local or long-distance moves can determine the types of vehicles they offer and help them hire the right people for the job.
2. Household Size – It’s also important to track whether people are downsizing or upgrading because this affects the cost, time, and equipment necessary for moving each year.
3. Popular Moving Days – While the summer is almost always a popular time for moving, knowing when you need all hands on-deck can help to provide customers with a better moving experience. Moving companies always want to know when they will be their busiest.
4. Moving Prices – Moving costs money, but that doesn’t mean it has to burn a hole in a customer’s pocket. Moving companies are always tracking moving prices to make sure they can provide affordable services at competitive rates.
You can find more fun moving statistics here. At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we are committed to providing you with the top-quality moving services you need all year long. When you work with us, you’ll find that you save time, save money, and avoid hassles. Contact us today to learn more about how we can be your moving company of choice!
If you have a looming moving day, it’s important to be able to manage all your routine tasks in addition to your moving day requirements. At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we find that there are a few key steps you can take to make your moving day more successful and less stressful.
1. Mark Your Calendar – It’s one thing to acknowledge that you are moving “sometime this fall”, for example. Actually marking your calendar with your official moving date, however, can help you visualize how much time you have to prepare and what you need to do to ready yourself for the big day.
2. Gather Moving Materials – The last thing you want to do is run out of boxes the night before you are supposed to move. While you certainly don’t need to buy a million boxes in advance, gathering them as you go can help make the process easier so you don’t need to make last-minute trips to get more packing materials.
3. Create a Plan of Action – Creating a plan of action for your moving day can go a long way towards reducing your stress. From determining which items need to go in your car to assigning helpers to your heaviest furniture or planning how to pack your moving truck, you’ll feel more confident that your moving day will be a success.
4. Get Help Packing – It’s amazing how our personal belongings can suddenly seem overwhelming. Having friends or family come help with your packing a few days or weeks in advance can go a long way to making your moving day easier.
5. Hire Professional Movers – While it may be tempting to tackle all your moving tasks on your own, in truth, hiring professional movers can be a big help. Not only can they save you time and money on your moving day, but they will also know how to safely pack and transport your belongings to your new location.
When you’re getting ready for your moving day, the first thing you may consider is whether you need to have movers assist with getting from your current location to your new destination. But how hard can it be, right? You don’t have that much stuff, and with a few extra boxes, you can manage it on your own. Here are four reasons you may not want to hire movers on your future moving date:
1. You’re a One Person Show – When it comes to moving, you love the thrill of the chase. Can you get everything packed and moved on your own by the deadline? If you’re a one person show and you like it that way, then movers definitely aren’t for you.
2. You Love Heavy Lifting – Do you enjoy trying to figure out how to get your bookcases, pool table, and dining room furniture through your front door and down to your truck? Do you enjoy the hard labor that comes with moving furniture all day long? Then hiring movers isn’t for you.
3. Packing is Your Favorite Puzzle Game – Okay, so maybe you’ve been to the flea market for a few things, but that doesn’t mean you can’t pack up all your dishes and collectibles yourself. It’s like a fun game to see how creative you can get with your packing skills. Who needs movers for that?
4. You’re Not Really Moving – You’ve been thinking about moving, but you just haven’t really committed yet. Maybe one day you’ll decide it’s time. No movers necessary for now.
At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we know that having a team of people to help with your move can make the whole process less stressful, less time-consuming, and go more smoothly than if you try to handle it all on your own. Contact us today to learn more about how we can get you to your new destination without any hassles!
The best place to start with packing is to find the right moving company. Once you find a company that you trust and want to work with, they’ll give you details and instructions for packing.
Often people think that they should start packing up the items that they are least likely to need in the near future as soon as possible, so they decide to pack up everything gradually throughout the course of a few weeks or even months leading up to the move. However, trying to find things before you’ve even moved to your new home can cause a lot of problems, and you know as soon as that box is sealed, you’re going to need something inside it.
If you hire us at Glaser & Sons Mooving and set a moving date, we’ll come in the day before your move and get everything packed up all in one day. Simply set aside a suitcase or other bag with all the essentials you will need during your move and for the first few nights in your new home, and we’ll take care of the rest!
A few other important packing tips are listed below.
- Don’t pack with used boxes, unless you have kept boxes for things like your TV, printer, computer, or kitchen appliances.
- Follow your mover’s instructions for labeling everything. It will make unloading and unpacking much easier.
- Choose movers whose prices are the same on weekends as they are on weekdays. It will make your life a lot better if you don’t have to take off work or sacrifice paying more to move.
- Choose a company that will provide donation services. That way if you have things that you want to donate to Goodwill, you have one less thing to do in your move preparation.
Following these packing tips will keep things smooth and simple during your move. Give us a call today to get your move scheduled!
Relocation can come as a surprise and require a quick move, but be prepared with these tips for what to talk to your employer about if you’re asked to move for your job. Remember to negotiate throughout this process because they are asking you to pick up and move your life. While your Human Resource department may not always include a relocation package with your move, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t talk with your employer about some different options. Many companies will pay for part or even all of your move. At the least, you may get some discounts through your employer.
Here are some ideas for conversation starters about relocation with your employer:
- What fees do you typically cover during the moving process? Movers? A moving truck? A house-hunting trip?
- Since relocation is hard on my family and I, will we be allowed to officially move at the end of the school year? Will there be any help with temporary housing or travel back and forth?
- I noticed there isn’t a relocation package included for my move; do you offer any compensation for moving?
- I would be able to start for you sooner if I had professionals helping with my move. Is that something you can assist with?
Don’t hesitate to bring up relocation compensation with your employer. Having this conversation can save you a lot of money in the end, even if you just get a discount. Make sure to work out a plan that will be most advantageous to you and your family.
Moving can be a long and involved project, but hiring movers definitely makes the experience much easier. Clients are sometimes hesitant because of questions or concerns they have about hiring a moving company. It may ease your conscience to learn what myths about movers aren’t really true.
- Myth #1: They’re dirty and sloppy. Just because we’re willing to do the heavy lifting doesn’t mean we aren’t careful and precise as we work.
- Myth #2: They aren’t careful with your stuff. This is our job. We are here to help you keep everything safe and undamaged during your move.
- Myth #3: You can’t trust them, and you need to watch everything they’re doing. Again, we do this for a living and have only the best of the best employees. We are at your home to do one job, and that is to make your life easier during a move.
- Myth #4: You’ll pay the same amount regardless of which company you hire and what services they provide. You want to do your research when you’re choosing a moving company. Many companies will try to make their rate appear lower and more competitive, but will tack on all kinds of extra prices. Make sure you get an accurate quote for the entire cost of your move.
- Myth #5: You need to come up with materials for the moving process. We use specific materials that are the best for moving. We don’t like using sub-par boxes, blankets, or other tools because we know what works best for keeping everything protected and safe during the move.
Now that we’ve been able to shine a little more light on our line of work, hopefully you’ll feel much more comfortable with hiring us to help you. We rely heavily on customer satisfaction and do whatever we can to make sure your experience with our movers is a good one.
It may seem like commercial moving is an even bigger headache than moving from one house to another, but it doesn’t need to be that way at all. The reason why so many people have that fear is because a business has more breakable electronics, more and sometimes heavier furniture, more people involved, and more to move than a household in general. While that is true, it doesn’t mean the move has to be more stressful.
The best ways to prepare for commercial moving are to find the best movers, discuss the best plan of action, and let us get to work helping you. We recommend having your employees place smaller desk items in one container that is kept in their actual desk during the moving process. This will keep things simple when you’re ready to start back up at your new location. We will follow detailed labeling instructions, so each item ends up in the correct new office space.
One major advantage to having professional movers is that you don’t have to pull your employees away from their jobs to assist with the move. You will have the least amount of interruption in your day-to-day business if you hire someone to come in and help you expedite the process. Another advantage is that, as professionals, we know how to properly care for all of the expensive equipment that you’ll need to move. The last thing you need at the end of a move is the expense of replacing equipment that was damaged.
Commercial moving can often be very advantageous to a company. However, it is not uncommon that many business owners will avoid moving because they don’t want to deal with it. Make your move right away without the stress and headaches you may fear.