Residential moving requires a lot of small tasks and detailed workflow. There are certain ways in which you need to pack breakable items and specifications for how to pack most efficiently.
The best way to start packing is to set aside the items that you will need throughout the moving process. You will find things to be incredibly frustrating if every time you need your toothbrush or a change of clothes, you have to go through all of your boxes.
You’ll want to use as few boxes as possible. For lightweight but bulky items such as sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, etc. you’ll want to pack as much into one large box as you can fit. For heavier items like books or dishes, you’ll need to use a lot of smaller boxes.
Another suggestion that will simplify residential moving is to use your move as a chance to go through all of your stuff and de-junk. If you consider the cost of moving and the time involved, it may be good encouragement to get rid of items that have been collecting dust for years.
The number one key to making residential moving as simple as possible is to hire movers. Not only can we move the heavy and bulky items from one home to another, but we can also help you throughout the entire packing and unpacking process. The reason why moving seems so daunting to homeowners is because, without professional help, it really is a huge task. It can take weeks and even months of packing and unpacking before you’re done if you choose to do it by yourself. If you let professionals help you throughout your move, however, it will happen in just a few days, or sometimes even one day. The sooner you can be moved in and enjoying your new home, the better.
As you prepare for a move, there are many things to look forward to with enthusiasm. You may feel a sense of excitement over the opportunity to start anew, to embark on an adventure, and to meet unusual people. You may be thrilled with the new employment opportunity that has just fallen into your lap, giving you the chance to utilize your talents and skills in your chosen field. Perhaps you are ecstatic about the chance to be closer to family, allowing your children to interact and socialize with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Whatever your reasons for feeling a sense of adventure, along with it comes a dose of apprehension over the upcoming change in your place of residence.
One of the areas that may be causing you stress at this exciting time is the thought of packing up all of your belongings—choosing what to keep and what to let go of. Depending on how long you’ve lived in your present home, your possessions may have drastically multiplied since the day you moved in. If this is the case, you will be glad to know that we offer packing services to help make your move as smooth as possible. Once you’ve decided which possessions to take along and which to leave behind, we can even take care of the donation end of things for you. Thus allowing you the freedom to truly focus on what lies ahead, rather than worrying about what you are leaving behind.
When you call on us to provide you with packing services, we will arrive on time, equipped with everything needed to get the job done quickly and effectively. We will respectfully listen to any of your concerns or special instructions and pack each item carefully in order to avoid any loss of property due to damage or insufficient packaging. With over 23 years in the business, we are confident that our packing services are the best. Call on us at Glaser & Sons Mooving for a practically perfect moving experience.
Hiring movers is one of the best things you can do for your sanity during a move, whether you’re moving across town or across the country. If you plan on hiring our movers in the near future to help you out, there are a few things we want you to know beforehand:
- Get all your packing done–Before our movers arrive to help, make sure all of your belongings are packed and ready to go. If you need to finish packing after we arrive, this will delay things and make you unnecessarily stressed. Having everything packed up and ready also helps us come up with a plan for getting your belongings in the truck as quickly as possible.
- Let us put our experience to work–Although we always value your input, our movers have experience handling moves of all sizes. After we arrive, trust us to do our job, and we are confident your move will go smoothly.
- Label your boxes–Thoroughly labeling your boxes helps us know where to put them after we unload the truck at your new place. It also helps you figure out a plan of attack after you’ve moved all of your belongings to your new home.
- Help us with logistics–Before the day of the move, let us know where we should park the truck, the best way to access your home, and if there are any limitations on parking.
- Don’t disappear –– We want you around on the day of the move to answer our questions and to oversee the process. By working together, we’re confident that your upcoming move will go better than expected.
As a moving company, one thing we hear from our clients time and time again is how much they dread packing up their belongings. Since our moving company is here to make life easier, here are some helpful packing tips to use if you’re on the brink of a move:
- Use clear plastic bins —When you’re packing, put the things you’ll need FIRST once you get to your new home in clear plastic bins so you can find them easily. Doing this is good for things like toilet paper, essential kitchen gadgets, trash bags, towels, and anything you’re going to need during those first few days.
- Stack plates vertically — As a moving company, we see people pack their plates and bowls horizontally in boxes all the time, and this process usually leads to one or two casualties. To keep your plates and bowls from breaking in your move, stack them vertically in boxes, like records.
- Cover drawers in plastic wrap — Instead of unpacking all of your dresser drawers, cover the tops with plastic wrap before you move. This way, you can leave things exactly as you left them without having to pack and unpack all of your drawers.
- Keep sandwich bags handy — As you take apart furniture and things with screws and hardware, place the contents in small plastic sandwich bags. Then, label them and tape them to the back of the item they correspond to.
Are you experiencing that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach? Are you having conniption fits just thinking of all of the tasks that you must accomplish before your residential or business relocation? Would you like to discover a way to reduce the amount of stress that you feel, in fact potentially erasing most of the stress associated with relocation? If so, we may have the ideal answer for you.
There are many different motivating factors for relocation. Some of these include things such as a change in employment, health reasons, educational opportunities, family circumstances, pursuing homeownership, or earning some income from the sale of your current home. Regardless of your motivation for relocation, the process can be made less painful through the use of a professional moving company.
When you are faced with relocation, you have enough things to worry about without worrying about packing up your belongings and moving them to your new home. If you are choosing to move from a larger home to a smaller one, you may feel somewhat overwhelmed by the thought of taking trips to thrift stores in order to get rid of the excess. If you are feeling at all overpowered by the thought of relocation, contact us at Glaser & Sons Mooving.
We have been helping our customers with their relocation needs for over 23 years and are confident in our ability to safely pack and transport your belongings from your old residence or office to the new one. We can even take care of donating anything that you want to get rid of in order to make your relocation as painless as possible. Go ahead and focus on the most important aspects of your relocation . . . we’ve got the moving part covered.
When you are getting ready for a big residential or commercial move, you will have a lot of questions to answer, processes to think through, and plans to make to ensure a successful, nearly painless experience. For example, you may be wondering who is going to do the heavy lifting, who is going to pack everything safely, and what to do with anything that is no longer relevant to your home or business. After all, do you really want to move that box of junk, only to sort it in your new location? Why not get rid of it before you transition into your new space?
While you may be toying with the idea of calling on your friends, family members or employees to assist in achieving a successful move, there are some very valid reasons to dismiss it now. Some of the most convincing reasons include a high risk of personal injury and an even higher risk of lower-quality relationships should items be damaged, lost or ruined. Thankfully, there is a way to safely and securely move your entire home or business, one that is low-stress and will provide you with the easiest move you’ve ever made. This is through hiring professional movers to help you get the job done.
As you search for the best movers to assist you on your big day, here are some key characteristics of trustworthy moving companies to watch for:
- Dedicated Customer Service: When you hire us as your movers, we promise to provide you with the highest in quality customer service. This means that we will be on-time, listen to any concerns or special instructions that you have for us, and provide you with a positive moving experience.
- Effective and Careful: Our movers have over 23 years of experience, which means we know how to effectively move you from one space to the next. We will carefully pack up your most valuable possessions, transport them safely to your new destination and help you complete your move in the timeframe that you have set.
- Reliable, Responsible and Experienced: When we say that we take good care of you and your possessions, we mean it. We keep track of all your items, providing you with a checklist at the end of the move. We will even help you to dispose of those irrelevant items, reducing your stress levels even more.
When you want the best movers in town, call on us at Glaser & Sons Mooving. We’ll get you from point A to point B without delay when you contact us today.
A business move is an exciting time for your company. It could mean that you have finally been able to construct the perfect office space, or simply that you are now able to move into a better location for your business. Regardless of whether you have built a new space or are simply moving to another building, at the top of your commercial moving to-do list is figuring out how to effectively move all of your employees along with their “stuff” from one building to the next. While you could set aside a specific day to have all of your employees come to work dressed in jeans and t-shirts, ready to roll up their sleeves and do some packing and heavy lifting, this option may not provide you with the type of commercial moving experience you want. In fact, when you want your move to go as smoothly as possible, you may want to consider asking our company to come and do the job for you. We are confident that we can provide you with the best commercial moving services available.
When you are looking for the best commercial moving company, there are a few key characteristics that you should look for. Some of these characteristics include reliability, experience, responsibility, efficiency, and a commitment to safety. After all, when you are hiring a company to perform commercial moving services, you want a team that will truly be better than your employees at protecting your assets. Since your employees are some of your most valuable assets, you could even say that having a professional commercial moving company perform moving services for you protects your most valuable assets.
At Glaser & Sons Moving, we are prepared to offer you the best commercial moving services in the Greenville, South Carolina area. We have over 23 years of experience and are proud to always offer our customers the highest in quality moving services.
Whether you are moving across the country for a new start in a new place or simply moving across town in search of a larger home, you know that along with the satisfaction of moving comes a few challenges. While you could choose to rent a truck yourself, guilt-trip some friends into helping, pack up all of your belongings, and take 2 weeks to get the job done, that plan leaves quite a bit to be desired. Just imagine how stressed out you will be the night before your big move, when you still have a good 25% of the house to pack up. If you want to avoid this stress, along with the sore muscles sure to accompany heavy lifting, why not hire us to take care of your residential moving needs instead? We can keep your schedule moving along at a smooth pace, while saving you lots of stress and fatigue. In fact, due to our vast residential moving experience, we can get your home packed and emptied in only one day.
In addition to providing you with a residential moving experience that is low-stress, we can offer you greater peace of mind all around. You can have confidence in our ability to complete your move quickly and properly, due to the fact that we have 23 years of experience in helping our customers relocate from one home to another. This experience means that we know how to carefully pack and handle your belongings, while completing the task quickly and expertly. We will keep accurate track of each item and listen to any cares or concerns that you may have. Our residential moving services are so thorough that we will even take care of getting rid of the items you don’t want to move with you.
When you want the best residential moving experience, you can rely on our team at Glaser & Sons Mooving to provide it. Not only will your muscles thank you, but you will be thrilled to still have your closest friends at the end of the day.
When you’re planning a move, it helps to be organized and as prepared as possible before the actual move. Advanced preparation will make moving day go much more smoothly and help you organize your thoughts and work toward the move efficiently. At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we want you to have a successful move. We have years of experience, and here is what we have put together for a moving checklist that will help you have a stress-free move.
Pick a moving company. You have many options. Get quotes, ask for recommendations, and research the company. Make sure you have a company lined up as far in advance as possible, so they can ensure that they have the equipment and manpower you need on your moving day.
Purge your home. Sort through all your belonging and look for things you want to sell or get rid of. The more you get rid of, the less you will have to move, and the less expensive and stressful it will be. We will donate any furniture or other belongings you don’t want to take with you to Goodwill for you if you are unable or do not have the time to take them over yourself.
Start using up items that cannot be moved. This includes frozen food, bleach, aerosols, etc. Check with your specific moving company to see what is on their do-not-move list.
Begin packing items that are not used frequently. For example, holiday decorations, camping supplies, and sporting equipment. If you can get a jump on packing, it will help your move go more quickly and save on some of the cost. If you’d rather not do any of your packing, our team at Glaser & Sons Mooving can come a day ahead of your move to pack up your home entirely.
Back a bag/suitcase of essentials. You’ll want to have this for the first few days you’ll be in your new home. That way, you won’t have to dig around in hundreds of boxes for your toothbrush.
Moving can be stressful. We hope our moving checklist helps you feel more prepared for your upcoming move.
When you’re planning to relocate, you’ll need movers to help you get from point A to point B. There are countless moving companies to choose from, but how do you know which one is the right one to hire for your relocation? Here are a few of our tips to help steer you in the right direction.
- Check out the companies you are looking at with the Better Business Bureau. Any fraudulent activity will be reported to the BBB, so you’ll know to steer clear of companies with bad ratings. However, some moving companies will operate under a different name when they start to get bad reviews, so also check to see that the company you are hiring has a local address and is licensed and insured.
- Get references from family and friends who have used the company for relocation before. Good reviews are a good sign of a trustworthy company that will keep track of your belongings and do their best to prevent your things from being damaged.
- Ask the company for an estimate. Most moving companies will come to your home to take a rough inventory of your belongings and give you an estimate. A more thorough walk-through will give you a better estimate, so choose a company that really takes the time to look through your home and open closets and ask you questions about what you have.
Glaser & Sons Mooving is a local, family-run company in Greenville & Charleston, SC, and we pride ourselves on being trustworthy and reliable. We are eager to help your relocation go as smoothly as possible, and we know you will be satisfied with our services.