If you have a looming moving day, it’s important to be able to manage all your routine tasks in addition to your moving day requirements. At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we find that there are a few key steps you can take to make your moving day more successful and less stressful.
1. Mark Your Calendar – It’s one thing to acknowledge that you are moving “sometime this fall”, for example. Actually marking your calendar with your official moving date, however, can help you visualize how much time you have to prepare and what you need to do to ready yourself for the big day.
2. Gather Moving Materials – The last thing you want to do is run out of boxes the night before you are supposed to move. While you certainly don’t need to buy a million boxes in advance, gathering them as you go can help make the process easier so you don’t need to make last-minute trips to get more packing materials.
3. Create a Plan of Action – Creating a plan of action for your moving day can go a long way towards reducing your stress. From determining which items need to go in your car to assigning helpers to your heaviest furniture or planning how to pack your moving truck, you’ll feel more confident that your moving day will be a success.
4. Get Help Packing – It’s amazing how our personal belongings can suddenly seem overwhelming. Having friends or family come help with your packing a few days or weeks in advance can go a long way to making your moving day easier.
5. Hire Professional Movers – While it may be tempting to tackle all your moving tasks on your own, in truth, hiring professional movers can be a big help. Not only can they save you time and money on your moving day, but they will also know how to safely pack and transport your belongings to your new location.