When you’ve hired residential movers, it’s pretty easy to feel like you have a team of people who just know what to do. Unfortunately, you may not always get the best results if you don’t communicate about your moving needs in advance of your moving day. Here are six things you should always tell your residential movers to make your moving day more successful:
1. Your Moving Date – This may seem obvious, but communicating the actual date and time that you need to move will ensure that everyone shows up on schedule.
2. Your Destination – Your residential movers also need to know where you are going so they can plan how much time it will take to pack and haul your items to your new home.
3. Whether You Have Fragile Items – Marking boxes clearly as fragile and leaving them in a designated area during moving day will help your movers take greater care of the things that are important to you.
4. Ideal Parking – It’s also important for your movers to be able to park the moving truck in a location that is safe, secure, and stable. Make sure to communicate about the best place for them to park.
5. Items They Shouldn’t Touch – Do you have a few valuables or personal items that aren’t intended for the big moving truck? Make sure to label them and set them aside, pointing out that they should remain with you during the move.
6. The Intended Destination of Your Belongings – Mark your boxes with their intended destination at your new home. For example, they will know to unload kitchen boxes straight to your kitchen, rather than everything ending up in your living room.
At Glaser & Sons Mooving, we do everything we can to make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible. If you have questions about how we can make your move more successful, please let us know, and we’ll work with you to get the best results on moving day. We look forward to working with you!
Tags: Residential Movers